Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day All! I hope you had a moment to think about and act upon ways to care for this beautiful island we all share.

I'm back in my little studio following the Originals Spring Show. One of the best things about getting out and participating in an art and craft show, other than the obvious advantage of making a bit of money, is the opportunity to meet wonderful new artisans. We always help each other out, and share a few much needed laughs if the hours get long and the sales are scarce. My newest craft show friend is Joanne Jones and she is amazing! She is all about strength, generousity and commitment to her fellow humans and good old mother earth. But I'm going to let Joanne's own website Minedrecreations fill you in on how she recycles cast off clothes into very cool fashion accessories. And to make this environmentally ethical adventure even better, a portion of each sale helps fund a South African girl’s university education.

And I'm back to my paints again. I'm working on another Klimt inspired piece, still just an idea. But in the meantime, here's my April Nibblefest entry on eBay. Nibblefest is a themed art contest that starts on the 20th of each month. This month the theme is reptiles. Reptiles come in many shapes and sizes but I chose a snake. the snake's eyes are little sparkly Swarovski crystals. And as usual, the auctions start at the scary low bid of $0.99!

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska