Thursday, April 19, 2007

Universal Passage - A Painting For Yesterday


"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives."

~ A. Sachs

Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: Universal Passage
Medium: Mixed
Size: 6.5 x .8.5 in
16 X 21 cm
Date: 2007

I actually finished this painting yesterday, but fatigue hit before I could post it here last night.

This piece is Frida "Retablo Style". I've created a Mexican inspired Retablo style frame for this homage to Frida and the Day of the Dead using texture medium and small clay skulls overlaid with metallic tarnished faux bronze. The rustic cross is embellished with a sparkling Swarovski Crystal. Your painting arrives ready to hang.

4 comments:

Judy Vars said...

Hi Wendy,
I just wanted to let you know how much I love your recent Frida Retablo. Do you have it listed on e-bay?
Judy

wjcatnip said...

Thanks a bunch Judy! This piece is listed in my eBay store and on Etsy as well. And of course if you're ever interested, you can purchase directly from me too! Hope you have a lovely Sunny Saturday! - W

Anonymous said...

I am out searching the blogosphere for kindred souls, those that love color and Mexican folkart and use this in their work. I LOVE your work, this Frida Retablo is wonderful!

I will be back :)

wjcatnip said...

thanks Stephanie! I just had a visit to your blog, Your work is so fine! Spring and sunshine, that's what it makes me think of! - Wendy

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska