Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow and Cold but Oh So Sunny!

Finally, something to share! I've been back for a few days now, it's still winter, my studio is still messy, but I have finished a piece or two. These pics were taken outside very quickly in full sun so there is a bit of glare. It was just too ccold for me to take a lot of time to set the shot up. They're both done in acrylics on box frames and will be finished off in beeswax. And once again I've been influenced by the work of Canadian artist Jean Paul Lemieux.



This one is called "Beyond The Trees" and is 20 x 16 inches.



If you've followed my blog or been to my website you'll know I love painting women in hats.

And before I dash back to work, this is Jenna. Even in her thick Malamute coat, she would really rather be in the house than outside,unless of course she's on the pulling end of the leash...hmmm...which reminds me, almost time to walk the dog.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska