Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Deadlines and Angels

Well, the à la Klimt painting is still unfinished. Sometimes, I have to set these pieces aside and move on to something else for a day or two. I just couldn't bring myself to concentrate on the itty bitty details today. But of course, I painted, I always paint and I do find solace in painting angels. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, deadlines for the Originals show, tax time, family stuff...it was definitely time this week to attempt to recover with an angel or two.

The first one is still unfinished. I started it on Monday; I've used texture paint to create a raised Celtic braid on her halo and gown. I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to finish it...maybe tomorrow.



The second angel is finished. I've called it "Beautiful Pure". It's acrylic on 12 x 16 in gallery stretched canvas, and is hopefully, peaceful and calm. I've taken a chance and listed it on eBay for a pretty low opening bid...sigh...always a gamble.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska