Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring Cleaning Sale!

With Originals Spring Showcoming up on the 17th, you can imagine I have new work in every corner and nook and cranny! I decided I need do some spring cleaning! So, I'm running a week long 50% off sale at my eBay store. Sometimes it's just good idea to freshen things up.

This piece is not part of the sale. I just finished it today. It's a mixed media collage including vintage sheet music, an old map, Swarovski crystals gold leaf and plenty of glazing and texture...it's reminiscent of my Byzantine icons...but with a contemporary feel.



It's called "Not Impossible Things" and is done on masonite in 12 x 24 inch box frame.

2 comments:

Periwinkle Pass Studio said...

wendy - love the painting - love the use of gold leaf.

wjcatnip said...

Tammy, thanks, I love gold leaf...and so does my cat, she tries to eat it every time I start to work :)

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska