Friday, November 10, 2006

Redemption And Remembrance





Redemption and Remembrance


"Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance."

~ Richard von Weizsaecker

Size: 8 X 10 inch
20 X 26 cm

November is a month of remembrance. And of course tomorrow is November 11, Remembrance Day. A couple of years ago we traveled to England and France. We had a wonderful trip, London, Paris, Versailles, Rouen.


But the it will always be the afternoon that we spent at Vimy that remains in my mind. Thinking of so many young men fighting for that ridge still haunts me. The sadness and truly awesome beauty of the great sculptures against the sky is incredibly moving. And the poppies really do grow there…


So this is my little Remembrance Day painting…

To bid on my work or Buy It Now, check out my eBay Store!


No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska