Saturday, January 13, 2007

Contemporary Madonna Icon in Gold Red Blue

Shadow of Love


Detail


Detail

“What are Raphael's Madonnas but the shadow of a mother's love, fixed in permanent outline forever?”

~ Thomas Wentworth Higginson

Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 12 X 16 in
30 X 40 cm

This slightly abstract painting is heavily textured and embellished with gold metallics. But I've tried to keep the feel of my more traditional icons by using jewel tones for the blues and reds.

I'm busy, busy getting myself ready for the By Hand gift show in Toronto in two weeks. While my ever loyal husband deals with the display, stock and insurance and countless other details, I'm still painting, painting, painting!


To bid on my work or Buy It Now, check out my eBay Store


1 comment:

Linda Blondheim said...

This painting is really beautiful. I love Icons.
Well done.
Love,
Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheim.com

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska