Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Naive Folk Girl in Hat Painting


Thoughts And Words
“Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn.”
~Thomas Gray
Acrylic on Wooden Block
Size: 4 X 6 in
10 X 15 cm
We arrived home early yesterday evening from our Christmas getaway
with family and friends...
Today was a busy day catching up on emails, shipping and tidying up.
Finally, late in the afternoon, I was able to sit down to my paints.
The first day back is always the worse for me...
It's good to be in our own home, cuddle with the cats and dog,
but it's always hard to think that it will be at least a couple of months
until we see friends and family again.
But with any luck, I'm back on track with my painting a day project. I hope
to start a big canvas tomorrow...perhaps return to the metallics and
my homage to Klimt series.

1 comment:

Lisabeth and Jeff said...

hi wendy,
found your site thru another ak blogger. love, love, love your little paintings. way to chase the dream.

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska