Friday, January 19, 2007

Primitvie Madonna Icon Painting

A Hunger For Love



“There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”

~ Mother Teresa

Acrylic on Wooden Block
Size: 4 X 6 in
10 X 15 cm


This little Madonna is painted in a rustic primitive
style. I've used plenty of texture and aged looking metallic gold on the border and halo.  

I've continued the gold around the sides so no framing is needed.
Your painting arrives signed and ready to hang.

Still busy, busy getting myself ready for the By Hand gift show in Toronto next week! While my ever loyal; husband deals with the display, stock and insurance and countless other details, I'm still painting, painting, painting!

1 comment:

Elis Cooke said...

Hi Wendy
Love your work! My cuz (Gail Mckay) told me about your work! Great to see another Canadian artist online! namaste Elis

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska