Saturday, January 20, 2007

Music Symbol Art Deco Gold Painting

Canvas And Silence


Detail


“A painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures on silence.”

~Leopold Stokowski

Size: 8 X 10 in
20 X 26 cm
Acrylic on Canvas

I try to enter the monthly themed contest called Nibblefest Art Contest, held by a group of artists on eBay. This month's subject is "Music/Musicians".
Each contest begins on the 20th of each month and if you can believe it, every entry is listed at $0.99!!! It can be a little scarey, listing at this crazy low starting bid, but here I am again, taking a chance that I'll get a decent price!

I've used deeply textured acrylic and metallics in this modern folk piece.

And my By Hand trade show preparations continue. While my husband looks after the display, stock and insurance and countless other details, I'm still painting, painting, painting!



To bid on my work or Buy It Now, check out my eBay Store


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. If you would like to email a photo of a picture to my "Artist of the Week" I would happily provide a link to your site. See my site from the UK wwww.artistsprogress.blogspot.com If you don't want to, you might enjoy a look anyway.
Kind Regards,
Sue

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska