Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yesterday's Painting Today! Folk Nun in Northern Landscape



“In our lives there is bound to come some pain, surely as there are storms and falling rain; just believe that the one who holds the storms will bring the sun.”

~ Unknown

Artist: Wendy Ryan
Title: Storms and Sun
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 20 x 16"
50 x 40 cm
Date: 2007

...Yep, I'm still working through my obsession with Jean Paul Lemieux...I don't expect it will ever really end. I've just ordered a book about his work, so you can expect to see more of his influence in my art. The first time I really became aware of his work was on a trip to Rideau Hall, the Governor General's Residence here in Ottawa. If you're in Ottawa this summer, take a stroll through the gardens and enjoy the grand old home.


If you would like any additional information regarding this painting please feel free to email me with any questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your painting, the colours, they are to beautiful, I have been through the gardens in the summer a couple of years ago. I decided I could live there

wjcatnip said...

I wish I time to get over to those gardens today!

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska