Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Bit of A Vixen, A bit of a Vamp

Every day I promise myself that I'm going to set aside a few minutes early in the day, at an hour that I'm more likely to be able to put two words together to write in my blog. And here it is again, the sun in low in the sky; I'm tired and ready for the couch and, yep, I haven't written a thing in my blog. But as I've said before, I'm much more a painter than a writer, so I'll at least post a couple of new pieces. And don't forget, you can find lots more of my work, new and old at my website.





The first piece started out as another in my series of Flapper girls. As I worked, she became a bit more goth, a little bit scary. I used acrylics and gold leaf on wood. I like the texture of the wood. I called her "Vara (the Vixen)".



This one is also painted on wood, and is definitely a vamp! I called her Astrid...I love that name.

No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska