Monday, December 11, 2006

Naive Folk Women in White Hats

Breathing Room



"What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit."

~John Updike


Size: 8 X 10 inch
15 X 21 cm

Ever since I discovered the beautiful work of Jean Paul Lemieux, I’ve been fascinated with the simple subject of women in hats…here is another piece inspired by one of my favourites, “La Femme au Chapeau Blanc”.
I've reproduced several of my paintings as laminated prints which are available directly from me and also on eBay.

To bid on my work or Buy It Now, check out my eBay Store

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the cinsistancy of your workand the simple beauty of the colors and the emotion. How long have you been paintings this subject matter.
( the long neck large eyed female)

wjcatnip said...

Hi Shanti! thanks a bunch...I think I've always doodled these long necked women..but it's only during the last few years that I've sort of let them evolve. :) - Wendy

Barbara said...

Lovely endearing works Wendy - I'll be back to see more.

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska