Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Birthday, A Painting Sassy and Sultry

Sassy Haunts Me

For some reason known only to the Computer gods, I could not get into my blog yesterday. I was totally frustrated with the whole thing.

So finally, my ramblings intended for yesterday’s post:

“That word sassy - it haunts me. I keep getting the sassy thing.”
Wanda Sykes

Today was a good day at the easel, I worked on a commission piece, a reworking of a painting that I had done earlier in the year. The client described the faces as “sassy”. I love that word…my Mom calls humid days “sultry”, another great word.

I’ve been thinking about my Mom all day today. It’s her birthday; she’s 81 years old today. She’s always said that we don’t need to do anything special on her birthday; she says that she gets her presents every day of the year. We have so many lessons to learn from the generations that precede us.





No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska