Sunday, September 17, 2006


Conquer By Forgiveness

"The glory of Christianity is to conquer by forgiveness."

William Blake

When it was time to take a break from the à la Klimt piece I returned to this small angel on a fibreboard cross. I began painting folk style Christian images a couple of years ago after receiving a book on Orthodox Icons. Traditional Icons represent the Christ, the Virgin and the Saints, following strictly governed canons. A true iconographer is on a spiritual journey, the icon not “painted,” but ultimately written by the “hand of God”. Although I can never call myself an iconographer, I am captivated by the passion in these quiet images of the Christian faith.

* All image rights reserved copyright © Wendy Ryan*


No comments:

Abstract Art and Modern Art news
Cabin Fever In Alaska